TCLUG Archive

SoundBlaster Banshee 3D

I'm looking for a quick and easy upgrade in the vid card/3D Accelerator
area and I see that Best Buy has the SoundBlaster Banshee 3D for $99 w/
rebate.  Prefacing this with the statements that:
	1) I usually buy mail order and realize it's generally a better
	   deal
	2) I don't like Best Buy
	3) I prefer open spec hardware to closed spec
	4) I run linux almost full time
	5) I'M IGNORING ALL THAT ON THIS PURCHASE

For this one purchase only all I care about is outcome and these are the
only two requirements:
	X Windows at 1024x786x32
	Reasonable output when I run Myth II: Soulblighter
	I have no AGP port

That's it. With all that said, can anyone confirm that this is the
cheapest/quickest way for me to meet the above requirements.  Thanks.

 --
Ry4an Brase - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~ry4an - 612-623-9946
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if