TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2449] Boot from hard drive using NT bootloader?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Nan Tu wrote:
>     I am very interested in knowing how to do your step 5
> copy first 512 bytes of my Linux partition to a file on the floppy (I
> called it c:\bootsect.lnx)
>
> . Could you please share some inside?

This is how I did it. Note that in this example the Linux drive is
/dev/hda2 (or the second partition on the first drive). It might be
something else on your system.

# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt
# dd if=/dev/hda2 of=/mnt/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1
# umount /mnt

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.