TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2368] Connecting Windows to Internet through Linux

Let me clarify.

I have ip masquerading up and running. (At least after doing the initial
work with a friend (months ago) I added the following lines to my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local file):
--
ipfwadm -F -f
ipfwadm -F -p accept

...and everything works. I can connect from another Linux box, but not
from a Windows box. I looked through the Windows 95 configuration in the
ip masq. howto and everything seems right. But it still doesn't work
without the MS Proxy server running on the NT box.

Ideas???

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.