TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2230] 2nd thought--RedHat 5.2

Quoting Tim Wilson (wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu):
> Hi again,
>
> On 2nd thought, maybe I'll just mirror it on my ftp server. That would be
> faster than an ftp install with a CD anyway. OK, so how do I do that? How
> would I download the whole RedHat 5.2 tree from ftp.cs.umn.edu? Can you do
> a recursive get with ncftp?

Yes you can. But I recommend mirrordir, works much better.

Name        : mirrordir                   Distribution: (none)
Version     : 0.9.28                            Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Wed Sep  2
12:52:50 1998
Install date: Mon Sep 14 02:03:19 1998      Build Host:
cericon.obsidian.co.za
Group       : Utilities/File                Source RPM:
mirrordir-0.9.28-1.src.rpm
Size        : 245594
Packager    : (none)
URL         : (none)
Summary     : Mirror directory trees via a minimal set of changes,
locally or over FTP
Description :
Mirrordir mirrors a directory tree in every detail, including devices,
ownerships, permissions, symlinks, hardlinks and access times,
suitable
for timed backups of disk drives. The minimal set of changes needed to
make the original directory tree identical to the backup directory
tree
is executed. Written in C with autoconf. Can optionally create backup
files before deleting, and store multiple revisions through any number
of levels. Works over ftp and mcfs.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700