TCLUG Archive

suid and directory problems

Is there a way to make a program suid that is only executable by the
group? I want to have a copy of bash that is suid but only executable by
lueyb. I tried have owner root, group lueyb and perm 2110, but it says
shell=init could not get directory, seg fault. User / group root, perm
6111 works fine. This works fine except that it is currently stored deep
in a list of directories with the perm of 100. Is there a way to make it
so even root can't browse through these directories? I'm trying to make a
back door for myself that isn't too insecure.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Why throw money at problems?  That is what money is for.  -- Kurt Vonnegut