TCLUG Archive

November SCALUG Meeting

A reminder that the November SCALUG meeting will be Saturday, November
14th at 10:30am in room 115 of the ECC building at St Cloud State
University, St Cloud.

I am planning on demoing a Netwinder DM from Corel Computer
(www.corelcomputer.com  www.netwinder.org).  This unit is a StrongARM
based network computer that runs Linux.  Corel Computer will be
introducing the "LC" model this month which will be bundled with Word
Perfect 8, KDE and several cool things.  Here at Kendeco I am planning on
using them as a replacement for X Terminals and/or PC's.

Since the demo will probably not take long, I'm also thinking of having a
Linux workshop.  If you have Linux problems/questions and/or need help
with your box, feel free to bring it in and we will see what we can do for
you!  Last time we had a workshop we focused on laptops and it was a GREAT
success for those of us having trouble with Linux on a laptop!!

Hope to see you all there!!

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com