TCLUG Archive

Max physical size of drive?

I am currently building a system that will have a RAID subsystem
controlled by a standalone os-independent RAID controller.  As part of
this, I will have a 27 or 36 GB RAID5 disk (5 or 6 10,000 RPM 9GB disks).

Are there are limitations on the side of a SCSI disk that Linux can
handle? Can it handle something that might be reported as being that big?

(obviously, I'll be partitioning the disk, but I just don't want to have
an overall disk that's too big).

Robert Hayden			rhayden@mr.net		UIN: 3937211
IP Network Administrator	MR Net			(612) 230-4416