TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1152] cable modems from mediaone

Ben Kochie wrote:

> DSL is 2 way, same ratio 256, 512, 768, and 1MB (then it goes to different
> ratios)  from talking to a USWest rep.. you _CAN_ get the free DSL box and
> ethernet card if you get the 512k package.. which will cost you an extra 30 a
> month.. and you still get to keep the DSL box, and card  USWest DSL is also
> currently allowing up to 8 IP addresses.. just plug an 8port hub in. :)

I went with the USWest package. There info on IP addresses is a little
misleading.
Wwhile there are 8 IP addresses, 3 of them are reserved (Gateway,
Broadcast, etc),
so you actually only get 5 static addresses for your use.

So far I've been very happy with their service. Line quality is food at
my location,
with around 640/540 stream rates.