TCLUG Archive

thread-safe xlibs

I'm having trouble compiling eMusic. While doing ./configure, it keeps
dying at the line: checking for thread-safe xlibs... no, after which it
gives me the message: configure: error: you need thread-safe Xlibs to use
eMusic.

The first thing I did was go find myself some thread-safe Xlibs (which I
was able to get at ftp://oloon.student.utwente.nl/pub/Mnemonic/X11). I
installed those, ran configure again, and had it do the same thing as
before. I tried installing the Xlibs again, and still got the same error.
I've ran ldconfig after each Xlib install, and verified that they were
installed in a directory that was in ld.so.conf.

Anyone know what else I could try?