TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:1069] sendmail configuration ?

I tried this solution but still running into this problem.

genx:/home/nkapoor::nkapoor> telnet polaris 25
Trying 151.215.163.13...
Connected to polaris.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Phoenix. Generic SMTP handler
quit
221 Phoenix. closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
genx:/home/nkapoor::nkapoor>
genx:/home/nkapoor::nkapoor> nslookup
Default Server:  genx
Address:  0.0.0.0

> set type=MX
> nspco.com
Server:  genx
Address:  0.0.0.0

*** genx can't find nspco.com: No response from server
> exit

/etc/sendmail.cf has:
DRpolaris.nspco.com

Rstarted sendmail:
root:/etc> /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.init stop
Shutting down sendmail: sendmail
root:/etc> /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.init start
Starting sendmail: sendmail

And sending an email from genx through elm seems to be queueing up.

genx:/home/nkapoor::nkapoor> mailq -v
WARNING: local host name (genx) is not qualified; fix $j in config file
                Mail Queue (35 requests)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -Priority- ---Q-Time---
-----------Sender/Recipient-----------
LAA12582       24      30190 Sep  4 11:56 nkapoor
                 (host map: lookup (nspco.com): deferred)
                                          nishikant.x.kapoor@nspco.com
LAA12213        0     120165 Sep  4 11:07 nkapoor
                 (host map: lookup (nspco.com): deferred)
                                          nishikant.x.kapoor@nspco.com

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Nishi