TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:945] 3c509 module fails to load

On 8/19/98, 2:38:43 PM, "Troy Johnson" <troy@minco.com> wrote
regarding Re: [TCLUG:945] 3c509 module fails to load:

> >eth0: 3c509 at 0x300 tag <deleted>
> >SIOCSIFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

> If things are as I assume (ha) (just a new device put on an old SCSI
> chain)
> I can't think of one reason why something would swipe your IO 0x300,
> unless
> it was an unruly plug and play thing (it's like, they're CRAZY or
> somethin').

Some proprietary CD-ROM drives use IO addresses around that range, I
once had an old SonyCD that used 0X300.  If you have something like
that, that could be causing the conflict.

Paul