TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:925] Hmm, anyone remember the Linux conference?

> Ben and Clay talked about TCLUG, Tom (Cross) talked about SCALUG, and some
> guy from IBM wanted us to buy $10,000 servers. We didn't.

Perhaps I left just as my question was about to be answered.

Did these fancy boxes from IBM explicitly support linux, especially
in their multi-cpu configurations? Or was this just an opportunity
for this guy to do his speil in front of a bunch of people? His
presentation had nothing to do with Linux...

If it takes paying admission to avoid this sort of silliness in
the future, count me as one willing to pay the admission.

Edward A. Bertsch  (eab@msi.umn.edu)   Supercomputing Institute
http://www.msi.umn.edu/~eab            University of Minnesota
TEL +1 612-624-0540                    1200 South Washington Avenue
FAX +1 612-624-8861                    Minneapolis, MN 55415  USA