TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:858] Monitors

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Brad DeJong wrote:

[ snip CTX is nice ]

Well, perhaps the high-end CTX monitors are good, as you say. Here at work
I've got a low-end CTX, 17", and it sucks uncontrollably. At 1024x768 I
get 60Hz refresh, which is simply unusable. The picture is real fuzzy and
text is nearly unreadable, even at 800x600. And the colors are skewed,
too.

I guess my advice would be to get some non-CTX brand if you're shooting
for the low end.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/