TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:707] how to remove the corrupted file

Quoting Nishikant Kapoor (H) (nkapoor@c3ipros.com):
> Hi all
>
> I'm not sure how but somehow my PostgreSQL database got corrupted and
> now there is this junk file in the data/ directory that I'm trying to
> remove but just can not. I've been able to rename the data/ to junk/ and
> re-installed PostgreSQL but just wondering if anyone knows how to get
> rid of it ?

  First have you tried deleting/destroying the database with destroydb?
	Second, if that does not work, make sure that the "postmaster"
	process is not running.  Then try your deletes again as root.

	j.heil
--
Joseph A. Heil, Jr.

email:               heilja@dbsource.com
Home Office voice:   612-445-5180
Key fingerprint = 95 FC 3A F4 8A 10 05 85  3F 53 01 86 AD DB DB 51