TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:401] 56k modem

As an ISP I can say this, "56K technology sucks".

Be it X2, K56 or v.90. None of them work as advertised. Calling myself
from my office I will get speed ranges from 2K (eek!) up to 50K. This
techincally should be just out to the CO and back. I'd expect at least
to get upper 40K.

Anyway in the 3 months of testing we found Supra to be the best
performer. http://www.diamondmm.com/56k/

Quoting Michael Hicks (hick0088@tc.umn.edu):