TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:143] Acceptable Use

Dear Linuxers,

Garlough <Garlough@aol.com> wrote:

 > I am new to Linux/Unix and would like to know if it is acceptable to
 > post on job employment possibilities on this list.

Something I was interested in from the beginning was a TCLUG
professional resource list of sorts, showing how, where and by whom
Linux is being used in the area.

This would facilitate job searches or shopping for services like ISP's.

I am looking for an ISP that will delegate a subdomain and, ideally,
uses Linux.  However, I have no idea how many exist or what their costs
and levels of quality would be relative to each other and to the
broader ISP market.

Regarding employment:  There is, of course, a big difference between
seeking and offering employment.  A list like the one I suggested would
be a pretty good way of offering work opportunities.  However, I doubt
if the use of this or any other TCLUG-operated list would be of that
much benefit to someone seeking employment, since the audience is
fairly limited -- at least for now.

I suppose that could be tested...anyone looking for a C/C++ developer
or sys admin?

Anyway, I thought TCLUG should try to parade any attractive large-scale
applications of Linux in the Metro area.

Truly,

  Jonathan

P.S.  Any responses to my ISP/job questions should probably not be to
      the list...  Public announcements could be made through the web
      site, perhaps?

--
 /       Jonathan R. Johnson       | "Every word of God is flawless." \
 |    Minnetonka Software, Inc.    |                 -- Proverbs 30:5 |