TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:23343] Bonehead openoffice question

--- Charles Fulton <cf352197@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
wrote:
> So I got the openoffice binary tarball to play with.
>  Now how do I run the
> applications that aren't a word processor?
>
> If I run the soffice it fires up write.  As I recall
> there used to be a
> menu that gave options for the application but it's
> been a while since
> I used staroffice.
>
> Help isn't any, and documentation is sparse to say
> the least.
>
> I did install the program modules.  But I don't have
> a JVM.  Does the
> suite require a JVM for basic stuff or only the
> fancy features?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tclug-list-help@mn-linux.org

Charlie,
I don't know if this will help, but if you need some
documentation/information for StarOffice... I would
suggest: Prima Tech's Linux Series, "Sun StarOffice
5.1 for Linux", by Brian Profitt (Prima Tech, pub.
ISBN 0-7615-2454-1). Thought I would at least bring
this to your attention. Hope it helps.
Manny.