TCLUG Archive

Bonehead openoffice question

So I got the openoffice binary tarball to play with.  Now how do I run the
applications that aren't a word processor?

If I run the soffice it fires up write.  As I recall there used to be a
menu that gave options for the application but it's been a while since
I used staroffice.

Help isn't any, and documentation is sparse to say the least.

I did install the program modules.  But I don't have a JVM.  Does the
suite require a JVM for basic stuff or only the fancy features?

Thanks,
Charlie