TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:23279] Creative Live! configuration

> If you want to get picky, some of the early SB16's didn't even
> understand PnP, though they did use software configuration to set the
> IRQ/DMA/IO stuff.

	I always set mine with the jumpers. dead straightforward to do.

> Hopefully, I'll soon get a new mobo with more PCI slots so I can finally
> get rid of my SB16 and get a decent PCI card.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations, by the way?

why would you want to get rid of an SB16? (other than to get rid of all ISA
devices). I rather like having a physical volume knob on my sound card. :)

as I mentioned in a previous post, the PCI SB16s are pretty good. (IMHO --
which isn't saying much). unfortunately, they lack the volume wheel of the
old ones. :(

ok, maybe I'm just a bit backwards with my technology. :)
(it's a heck of a lot cheaper to get bragging rights on 'doing more with
{less, older} tech'; than buying the latest and greatest.)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises