TCLUG Archive

Creative Live! configuration

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get my new sound card working well, and I've got a couple
problems. BTW, this is a Debian (woody) system.

It's a Creative Live! (PCI, of course) card. I can play CDs with it using
the Gnome CD player or XMMS, but I can't play any MP3s. XMMS suggests that I
may not have the right output plug-in. I've compiled the card's driver into
the kernel and I'm not using the OSS modules. (One of the output plugins for
XMMS is libOSS.so.)

Also, none of the XMMS visualizations or other goodies seem to be working
when I'm playing a CD.

Any advice?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/