TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18254] Dual headed video cards

Quoting Yaron (jethro@freakzilla.com):
>   Hi,
>
> On Sun, 28 May 2000, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > Even if X supports dual-monitors, are the window managers up to the task?
>
> X4.0 supports not only 'standard' dual-head (ie, running two seperate
> displays at once, so you have :0 and :1), but it also supports Xinerama,
> which will use both (or, in fact, all) of your monitors as one big happy
> desktop. This is supported on Matrox cards, even if you have multiple
> cards rather than a dualhead G400.

I'm going to try this with a RIVA Ultra TNT and single head G200 and I'll let
the list know how it goes.

As an aside, in the old days the PC BIOS would not allow multiple video cards.
When did this change? Or was my crappy Postive ibm clone just junk?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500