TCLUG Archive

Dual headed video cards

Anyone have a dual headed video card and dual monitors working?

I want to do this. I am thinking of using Millennium G400 MAX. Runing a 21"
Nokia and a 17" NEC.

Now I have search the list on this and I gather that his CAN be done, but is
anyone actually doing it?

I am hoping to use all open source. Nothing from Xi or MetroX.

Looking at the XF4.0 the G400 is suppored via the mga driver, but it says
nothing about the dual-head stuff.

At the linux expo I heard Raster say he is running dual-monitors, but I cannot
remember if he was running linux.

Even if X supports dual-monitors, are the window managers up to the task?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500