TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18008] Playing MP3s on old hardware

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Tim Neu wrote:

> Hmm....
>
> I wonder if you could overclock that sucker.  Since it is a laptop, doing
> so would probably involve soldering... :-(

I don't have a boatload of experience with laptops, but if mine (75 MHz
Pentium) are indicative, then overclocking would be really bad in terms of
heat management.  It's not just the electronics, but batteries also don't
like to be too warm.  Someone else try it and let me know how fast their
machine dies, eh? ;)

Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math