TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17940] helix debs

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 12:16:49PM -0500, Clay Fandre wrote:
>Ben Lutgens wrote:
>Yes, but a fairly new one. I am still 'learning the ropes'. Actually
>Tim's positive experience with it got me interested, so I installed the
>Storm Linux CD I had laying around. (Then upgraded to woody) I still am
>running RH on my main box, but will soon switch over now that HelixGnome
>for Debian is out. apt-get is so awesome.

Yeah, apt-get was one of the main tools that made me fall in love with debian.
But once I got to learn all the other nice stuff that the maintainers add in
(i.e. modconf, the special little tweaks to the deb (pre/post|inst/rm) packae
scripts, the extremely nice initscripts. and the packaging methodology
(lib(appname), lib(appname)-dev, etc.) I was hooked.

--
Ben Lutgens  xAdministrator CS Solutions Inc |WinNT BSOD Security model:
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn	     |"Can't crack it if it's crashed.