TCLUG Archive

freshmeat changes

Maybe it would be better if freshmeat ran on an old 486 with a 56k dial-up.
Sure would be nice if the maintainer was going hungry. It's really too bad
that Andover is paying those guys a ridiculous amount of money to keep up a
site that provides a nice service to the community. I sure wish there was some
banner ad filtering software that would keep me from seeing those unobtrusive
banners that pay andovers' bills which in turn keep a whole shitload of really
great sites available to me.

Come on fellas! It's not like the content has changed. Who cares if there are
some banner adds. Once in a while I click through wether I am interested in
the product or not just because I like the site.

Although I _DO_ dislike the use of double-click. Simplly not allowing cookies
"which do not originate from the same server as the page being viewed" should
take care of that.
--

Ben Lutgens         651-632-6162
Sysadmin / IT Consultant