TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17921] Re: Follow-up question on Samba mounting

On Sat, 20 May 2000, Doug Reitz wrote:

> Here is a method that has been successful for me.
>
> smbmount "\\server\dir" -U username -c `mount  /mntpoint`
  smbmount //server/dir -U username -c "mount /mountpoint"

the backslashes are a headache, and smbmount does accept forward slashes :)

Also, the backquotes are escaped by a few shells, and the output from
whatever's inside them is sent to the command line in place of it.

-David