TCLUG Archive

IMAP under linux

Partially a linux question. :-)

Got washington.edu IMAP running on a linux box.

When I run mutt with IMAP, I can manipulate the remote folders just fine.
Moving, deleting, and synchronizing works great.

But when I use outlook, or outlook express (don't ask why I use them please!)
and I delete a message both outlooks just draw a line through the message and
make it unaccessible. When I synchronize the folders these overstriked message
are still local inbox (locally) AND still in the remote folders. So it does
not really delete them.

Any ideas on how to make the outlooks work with IMAP on a linux box?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500