TCLUG Archive

Re: tclug-list Digest 17 May 2000 22:40:09 -0000 Issue 611

      Re: [TCLUG:17743] More Samba mounting woes....
  Date:
      Tue, 16 May 2000 21:17:33 -0500
  From:
      "Andrew S. Zbikowski" <andyzib@ringworld.org>
    To:
      <tclug-list@mn-linux.org>

| mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxxxx,password=passsssss,workgroup=wwwww
| file://host/directory /mnt/localdir

should be
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxxxx,password=passsssss,workgroup=wwwww
file://host/directory /mnt/localdir

See also:
smbmnt
smbmount

I'm sorry, I don't understand --- the two items you've got above are identical, aren't they?  But they don't look like what I did, because you seem to be using a
URL-like syntax for the name of the device.  When I try this, mount doesn't like it.  It seems to be ok with the conventional //hostname/directory, but fails with
an ioctl failed error.

Unfortunately, I have looked at the man pages for these two commands and, without examples, they are almost completely useless to me.  They tell what the options
are, but they don't tell what acceptable values for the options are....