TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17759] Security

>Has anyone ever used a magnetic card reader underLinux for the purpose of
>user authentication?  So for root you'd have to have both the correct pass
>and a valid rood magnetic strip on your card....
>Is tehre any software for Linux for a magnetic card reader?

a friend of mine in St.Cloud is working on a security system that will
(probably) use a barcode reader (barcodes on pass-cards) on doors. he
expects to just write a serial driver for them, from what I understand.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091