TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17411] [severely OT] Tcl vs Perl

I am not a Tcl expert, but from what I do know the variable handling in
Tcl isn't a whole lot better than in a modern shell script. Perl
variables (scalars, arrays, hashes, and references) allow for much
richer data structures. The module mechanisms are both simple and very
nice to work with. Not that I do not like or use Tcl/Tk, I just might
not use it for something big.

This is just my opinion, and I like perl alot, so you can take this with
a grain of salt. :-)

Troy