TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:17411] [severely OT] Tcl vs Perl

	I bought the book, looked at it, and found that it jumped around a
lot....and returned it shortly therafter.  THe author spent a lot of time
explaining  some trivial things, sometimes explaining good things in depth,
and glossing over other stuff entirely.   It's been a while, but I don't
remember the apps in that book being more than maybe two screens.  It just
seemed incomplete without a larger example.   That's just me though. I can't
speak for other readers.

	Since then I have been more careful to read reviews from bn.com,
amazon.com, fatbrain.com et. al. before plunking down money.  I have found
that this is a smarter way to shop.

	Mark

	P.S.  I don't buy stuff from amazon anymore until bezos quits peeing
in the well.  He's coming around little-by-little though