TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:15107] nfs exports

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	There was some professor at the U working on something called
> the 'Global Filesystem' which involved having your hard-drives be

GFS is more of a clustering solution, or so it seems to me right now.

Good for huge things that just cant be done with NFS and one box I guess.

http://www.globalfilesystem.org/

http://www.globalfilesystem.org/Pages/va_rack_i_kjelleren_2000.html
(pictures of their current VALinux 16node cluster with tons of drives on
fibrechannel)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman@destiny.ringworld.org

[msg(SuperQ)] what about seven?
[SuperQ] not my kind of movie
[SuperQ] I don't like that crap
[SuperQ] it's a horror flic
[SuperQ] I work on NT
[SuperQ] I don't need any more horror in my life