TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:4352] Installing new perl.

Just grab the newest perl RPM off redhat's contrib site and run 'rpm -U
perl*.rpm' in the directory where you downloaded it. Or, if you prefer,
'rpm -e --nodeps perl' and install perl from source. New perl versions
are mostly backwards compatible, so everything on the system should still
work. If you install perl from source, just be sure to put it in /usr, not
/usr/local.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop