Re: CF: Newbie'ish questions

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Sean McInerney wrote:

> Hi all.
> Ok I just started playing CF again after a long time off and I have a few
> questions hopefully someone can answer.
>
> 1. Can you buy stat potions any more? (potion of strength, con, etc..)
> because I can't seem to find them in any shops.  I find myself dying quite a
> bit, and losing stats constantly.  I can afford to buy these potions to get
> myself back to where I was but I can't find them anywhere.  I seem to come
> across potions in the game often enough, but it seems about 95% of the time
> it is cursed...so I find my stats slipping and slipping and will have to
> create another character soon.  On this subject I'm not sure if restoration
> is a way to bring a stat back, I have tried the restoaration from the
> healing house but it doesn't seem to help.

First of, if your server is setup to only deplete stats on death and not
remove em completely, all you need is a restoration potion and there
are always a bunch of those for sale in the house of healing in scorn.
Spells etc of restoration doesnt work for this, only the potions.

As for stat pots there does seem to be fewer now then there was for a
while, but they sure do turn up both on maps and in shops, especially
if you know where to look. (anyone say pupland?=)

> 2. Poinsonous food.  I was exploring the other day and had around 60hp left
> when I ate some food off the ground and died instantly.  Is this really
> necessary for poisonous food to do so much damage?  Shouldn't it simply
> poison you or something?  This seems kinda harsh to me.

Yeah eating poisonous food has always been deadly for newbies, ie only
thing you 'find' you eat is corpses since theyr never poisonous.
I vote for this to be changed, since the only one who has trouble with
food are newbies and it sure feals kind harsh on them sometimes...

> 3. Praying.  Can you still get benefits from praying?  Like your weapon
> becoming a slay of your enemy god?  I tried praying for a long time
> yesterday and got nothing out of it.

Ofcourse you can get lots of neet stuff from praying, you do need some
wisdom lvls though, and most important a high wisdom stat. Most bonuses
you can just forget if you have below 20wis. Oh and here is another,
cheaper, way to get your stats back, just pray for it =)