CF: Any tex users out there?

 I've upgraded my versions of tex/latex on my system. The only time I use them
is to make the spoiler.ps and handbook.ps, so my knowledge is very limited.

 When I try to build the spoiler now, I get this:

/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty

! Package babel Error: You haven't specified a language option.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.112 ...ry to proceed from here, type x to quit.}

? h
You need to specify a language, either as a global option
or as an optional argument to the \usepackage command;
You shouldn't try to proceed from here, type x to quit.
? x

 I also get the same error for the playbook.

 Anyone know how to fix this?

 Thanks.