Re: Fwd: HTTP transfer problems with langmuir.eecs.berkeley.edu

> I'm running into the same problem Mani reported (although I didn't try
> 28 times (;-)). I now have three partial crossfire .gz files on my hard
> drive.

I'm very sorry to hear that.
I've had no such troubles getting anything from my ADSL account to
langmuir.

> How much effort would be involved in allowing anonymous FTP access to
> the /pub/peterm/crossfire/todays_snapshot/ directory?  Assuming the
> langmuir.eecs.berkeley.edu FTP server supports 'reget', a 'dropped' FTP
> transfer would be only a minor inconvenience.

I have FTP disabled completely on most of our machines, for security
reasons.  http is far more popular than ftp and Apache hasn't suffered the
many serious security problems that wu-ftpd has.

I've killed and restarted the http processes on langmuir.eecs, though
I very much doubt that is the problem.

Real Soon Now (tm) the maintainer, Mark Wedel, will put a new release of
crossfire up on the net at different ftp/http sites than langmuir:  you
might have better luck fetching from his servers than mine.

If your networking problems persist, you might wait a few days and try
getting an actual new released version from where Mark would
locate it.

PeterM