birenīs mist (RE: Pocket realities eat stuff?)

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:26:02, Jan Echternach wrote

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 05:13:55AM +0200, Norbert Irmer wrote:
> > I once made the mistake of trying out a Biren's mist in my appartment,
> > and the mist is still there :( .
> > Has anybody an idea how I can get rid of the mist ?
>
> I think you can burn it with fire.

Birenīs mist produces fog. Fog cannot be burned with fire.
But there is still an interesting possibility to get rid of it:

Take a rod/wand of polymorph and cast at the fog.
That will turn the fog into monster generators (!).
And those can certainly be destroyed.

I think this happens because fog is actually a generator,
it generates - again - fog (look at the archtype).
So polymorph just changes the generators as it would
do with monsters.

This effect should eventually be removed. It can be abused
for generating postmen (collecting readables) and it can
be very dangerous for lowlevels if monster generators
are created in areas like scorn.

However, it didnīt cause much trouble yet.

				Andreas Vogl