Re: CF: Removing build director

I think the problem with build directors is not with the spell itself,
but with the stupid monsters that just stand there and take spell after
spell.  They should have logic along the lines of "if cannot attack player
or get closer to player and taking damage then get away from the damage".

If monsters would move out of the path of spells and away from the
detonation point of area effect spells then directors cease to be an
issue.  Right now they are an issue since directors can be set up so
that the player can sit in a safe spot and kill an awful lot of monsters.
If instead the monsters were smart enough to get out of the path of
such spells and so the player was not nearly as successful in clearing
out huge rooms then there wouldn't be much of an issue.

Also, I think directors being unidirectional is too powerful.  To be
able to redirect spells from all directions to one direction is pretty
powerful stuff.  It allows using them as reflecting shields as well as
for offensive purposes.  I think directors instead should be treated as
double sided mirrors that allow return fire and so cannot be used as
both protection from spells and aiming attack spells.

							sdw