Re: CF: Crossfire Installation

dragonm wrote:

> Developers: take a look at
> http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames/tutorials/ruhnke_howto.html
>
> It's a Linux Games installation guide by the author of Pingus.
> While Crossfire isn't Linux-only, I think we would do well to follow the
> mentioned Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.  Unfortunately, the author didn't
> provide a link to a copy of the FHS, but I'm sure it can be found.

 Best as I know, the installation location of all the crossfire files can be set
by giving the appropriate options when you run configure.

 I don't know what the FHS might be, but I have a feeling that with proper
configuration options, crossfire could probably follow it.

 But I think more importantly, it is going to be prepackaged binaries (rpm or
whatever else) that is going to be the more important issue.