Re: CF: Map integration (was Dtabb land)

Mark Wedel (mark@icp.siemens.com) wrote:

>  I don't think it should be much of a problem of newbies figuring
> out that they need to go to the tavern to talk to people.

:-) So how come I have to tell people over and over again to go to the
tavern and talk to the people there? They keep asking _me_ for quests
:-(

Anyway, it's even more tricky to get poeple to visit the tavern in
lone town :-)

For some reason many people ignore taverns :-(

> However, the current converstation model is not the best (since it
> is a simple match, the player needs to say something unique to get
> each message, and figuring out the exact keywords could be a
> problem.)

In some maps the NPCs highlight the keywords by starting it with an
uppercase letter, like
Player: "hi"
NPC: "Welcome to the Museum. We have a lot of great Items here".
etc.

[ I'm working on a museum, so that's not from the existing maps... ]

I think that's a rather good idea for flavor monsters (i.e. not
necessarily for monsters that are part of a puzzle).

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber