Re: CF: CrossEdit

Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> Most important feature missing from crossedit I can see is a
> layering mechnism.  EG:  `effects layer'. ground, layer. walls. monsters
> etc etc etc.
>
> Each of each can be made visible or invisible, with one layer editable.
> EG: all layers visible but ground layer editable, then you can lay all
> the ground flooring and modify them without disturbing anything else.
>
> the layers however should be arbatry.  Prehaps some edit comments
> also stored in the map for the next time you go to edit that map.

I don't see any clear definition of a layer.  I would envision
a window displaying all the items on a square (including those
in containers and such) which is edittable.  So one could insert
or modify any part of a square without having to take care to have
the desired layer as the currently editable layer.

As for PeterM's hot keys, I am a huge fan of customizable persistent
dialog boxes.  Menus are a pain for frequent use since you have
to move mouse to open menu and move again to select.  As compared
to dialog boxes where you just move and select.  I would think
user defined key bindings would be allowed and key binding would
be shown as part of the option.  Obviously, a keybinding referring
to selecting a grpahical image is not that easy to show since normal
display is just the graphical image.  But I would try to make keybindings
work better.

						sdw