No Subject

________=22Re=3A_CF=3A_Disconnects_and_Saves=22_=28Jan_13=2C__1=3A05pm=29?=
Subject: Re: CF: Disconnects and Saves

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19901131644.ZM21369.eng.pyramid.com

On Jan 13,  1:05pm, Rapha=EBl Quinet wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Disconnects and Saves

> Another problem with the current solution: if some other player enters
> the map in which someone else was saved, releases dozens of monsters an=
> then runs away, the saved player could have a nasty surprise when he
> comes back a bit later.  Being moved to the home village avoids this
> problem.

 I don't see this as very likely.  Several things would be required:

 1) Other players have a pretty precise idea of where the player was when=
 they
disconnected.
 2) They actually bother going over there and setting something like that=
 up.
 3) The player returns after the above has happened but before the map ha=
reset.

 I see that as fairly unlikely.  Truly malicous players could  actually d=
stuff like that in the town square or outside a players apartment or some=
thing.
 Fill the inn full of fire elementals or runes of death or something.

-- =

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19901131644.ZM21369.eng.pyramid.com--