Re: CF: Disconnects and Saves

Raphaël Quinet (Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se) wrote:

> 2 - The player's HP reaches 0 because there were too many nasty monsters
>     around.  The player dies and is moved back to the city.

So you mean you'd rather kill players instead of letting them save inside
a treasure room?

Oh boy, I'm really glad that the server sources are available...

> If I got it right, none of these cases would allow any duplication of
> objects

Correct. Neither does the current solution. Just add that stupid
"save_player()" call when the player disconnects. The "kill the client
to duplicate items" is just a bug, easy to fix.

Also, the usual way to duplicate items is to crash the server
(probably still easy enough with the client), since usually there no
such convenient bug like the forgotten "save_player()" available. This
is just a lucky situation for cheaters. No need to kill people.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber