Re: CF: Map rewards

Scott Wedel on  wrote...

| I think the old city pseudo quest is the best in CF. It
| requires using two different entrances with parts of each
| section visible from the other.  It has puzzles and requires
| a good bit of adventuring and observing.  That is doesn't
| end with a huge treasure room is good.

To am extent. but what is the reason to complete it?

| I think think far too many quests end with excessively
| generous treasures.  Thus, a player does a handful of quests
| to get everything needed and basically cruises.  Old city
| quest gives basically nothing except for what is found along
| the way so player is well balanced to continue to more
| adventures.

At least one random artifact should be present for completion
Its random so you never know what it will be but it gives you a
goal to get into the area.

NOTE: it is posible but unlikely that the adventurer could get
trapped in the last few maps due to map resets.

| There is no inherent reason that a player ends up with
| a complete set of awesome items before level 20 except that
| some quests are simply too generous.  Many are clearly worth
| doing for the one or two quest items, but final treasure room
| also has two or three other artifacts.

I would like to see at least one random artifact. This should not
unbalance the game at all. just give a good purpose to completing
the oldcity quest.

Hmmm.  I have made map images of the old city and these are in the CF
directory on my web pages.

  http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/CF/

Enjoy.

Most of the maps fall into a basic block access via northern well, guard
house, and now with scorn update port well.  Two extra maps extend past
the top for the old city port and two to the left with the maze and
centeral city (via centeral and southern wells).  The End map is of
course the odd one out being different in size and shape to any of the
other old city maps, comming off to the ibottom of the right side.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   The more knowledge you know, the less you know, that you know you know.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au