CF: Making Mark's life easier

> I second this.  Mark, how about a CVS repository for Crossfire?

> I think Mark provides an extremely valuable service as maintainer/reviewer:
> is there any way to have submissions to the CVS tree held pending his
> approval?

Well, probably the easiest way to do both is to have a site with a
current snapshot of the development source which Mark has scripts which
posts after each change and patches are still submitted to Mark.

As for the bugs, seems to me that most are a case where it is noticed
than an existing behaivor is not really correct and it should be improved,
but something else was dependent on it working *exactly* as it does now.
The trouble is that it is quite hard to learn what is dependent on it
working exactly as it currently does until one changes that behaivor.
And then in these cases any fix becomes complicated because neither the
current behaivor or the old behaivor is quite right.  So then Mark is expected
manually go through the maps and select which behaivor this item in this
map really wants.

Thus, I'd argue that the most important part of CF to get under a CVS
would be the maps.  So when one behaivor needs to be split into two then
Mark can change the server to provide the two and mention the options which
determines which behaivor is to be used.  Then when someone plays a map that
uses the wrong behaivor then the map could quickly be editted in the CVS to
select the correct behaivor.

							sdw