Re: CF: suggestion for Exp system (damage vs. kill)

Raphaël Quinet (Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se) wrote:

> So as I wrote yesterday, I prefer to have the party experience awarded
> to the generic category.  That will unfortunately not help healers to
> get experience for the praying skill, but they will still be able to
> increase their overall level.

How about awarding exp for _healing_ instead of casting the spell?
That is, award exp depending on much much damage you have repaired
with the spell (don't look at the absolute hp --- look at the ratio
repaired:maxhp). That way you would get exp for healing, you get
more exp when healing badly wounded players, you get no exp for
healing players that aren't wounded at all.

Granted, something probably needs to be done against players getting
wounded all the time just to be able to heal.

Doesn't work for protection and immunity spells, though --- I'm not
sure whether the "award exp depending on how much damage you have
prevented" (using protection objects: they record the damage absorbed
by the protection) is a good measurement. Same abuse as above :-(

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber