Re: CF: Experiments

Scott Wedel on  wrote...
| RE:
| > > - merging Glowing Crystals
|
| Multiple Glowing Crystals is actually an item which I would like to
| adjust so that a character may only have one of at a time.  Sort of
| like getting too much Uranium 238 together in one spot in that they'd
| feed off of each other, overheat and probably blow up or at a minimum
| break.
|
| Limiting a character to one Glowing Crystal also has some nice
| gameplay effects.  First, it would no longer be as easy to walk around
| with unlimited Mana points in reserve.  Second it creates the
| possibility of other dungeons having as a quest item a more powerful
| Glowing Crystal (presumably with some negative side effects such as
| STR -1 or such).
|

| In general, quest artifact items probably make sense being limited to
| one per character.  Only because the game refreshes maps can players
| do the same quest multiple times.  It is clearly nonrealistic for a
| player to complete a quest, wait a day and then do it again.  It would
| be quite hard and require severe game adjustments to absolutely
| prohibit a player from repeating a quest, but limiting a player's
| ability to carry numerous quest unique items strikes me as a
| reasonable gameplay solution.  Glowing Crystals are one of the few
| quest artifact items where it does make sense to have a number of
| them.  Once a character can do that quest then you repeat it a few
| times and suddenly life is a whole lot easier.

Both of these make a lot more sense to me. It also means characters need
to pick and chose and be carful about picking up two items which effect
each out big time.

Who ever said magic was easy. If you want easy fighters have a simple if
boring life!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
                    - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au