Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: mouseless play

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> I think the best way to fix John's problem is to reduce the number of
> items generated when monsters die.  But that is a lot of work since it
> ideally involves changing maps as well as treasurelists.  :-)

 Most maps probably are not much of a problem as is (the maps themselves tend
not to have a lot of itmes.)

 but the number of items generated could probably be reduced.  The random
generic artifacts sort of makes things more difficult also (before, those 20 orc
shortsword probably mutated into 3 or 4 items before (standard, -1, +1, and
maybe something a bit better)  Now you get items of lythander, woe, ...,

 Reducing the items would help, but might also make play easier (monsters easier
to kill if they don't have items to improve their AC and damage).

 I wonder if some form of backoff could be done - in the map structure, keep
track of the number of these minor random artifacts, and make them less frequent
the more that are created.  But this would just make clusters then ( a whole
bunch of these misc items in the area where the treasure is generated first, and
less frequent other places.)