Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: mouseless play

[John Kraft]

>   I'm playing solo on a notebook sometimes, and the mouse is a pain
>   to use.  the worst place is looking thru piles of things on the
>   ground.  Is there any way to page thru or rotate a pile on the
>   ground?  Or any other tips for getting by with as little mousing
>   as possible?

[Mark Wedel]

>    I don't think the original designed envisioned mouseless
>    operation.

The original was mouseless.  < and > was used to rotate the inventory.
There was no button to rotate the items on the ground, so you had to
pick up the orc chops etc. if a switch was obscured.

I think the best way to fix John's problem is to reduce the number of
items generated when monsters die.  But that is a lot of work since it
ideally involves changing maps as well as treasurelists.  :-)

Kjetil T.