Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: 2 Newbie Questions

Curtis Larsen (cgl@infowest.com) wrote:

> 1- How do I drop just 10 gold coins, and not my whole group of them?
>    Neither "'drop 10 gold" nor "'drop gold 10" seem to work.  They both
>    get a "Drop what?" message.  Is my client broken, or is my
>    understanding of drop incorrect?

Hm... drop 10 gold used to work (I remember having a key to convert
99999 silver to platinum, so I could get rid of all my silver by just
holding down the key). Might be a client problem.

If you don't need that on a key, just enter "10" before droping
the item with the mouse. The gtk-client has a minor bug here ---
you have to erase the string again, otherwise it will  try to
use the "10" prefix for all further drops :-)

> 2- How do I put stuff in my bag, and how do I take it out again?

A bag has 3 states: closed, readied, open. You toggle between these
states with the 'apply command, or the middle mouse button. If the
bag is "readied" and you pick something up, it will go into the
bag (if the bag can hold it). You can have several containers
enabled (I always have a bag, a keyring and a pouch enabled),
in which case the picked item will go into the appropiate container.

If the bag is "open" then it acts like the floor --- you can pickup
things from the bag, and dropped items go into the bag.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber